Porsche 910 Tamiya 1/18


Porsche 910 winner of the 1967 Nürburgring 1000 km race

I continue here a series of some scale models to build, marketed and reissued many years ago by Tamiya, at 1/18th scale. This scale has become very rare for this kind of product, but I decided to focus on this scale for several reasons: on one hand because of my taste for 1960-1970's cars and the choice made by Tamiya at that time, and on the other hand because of the large available choice of model cars, marketed finished, for collectors, that I sometimes like to improve.

The model that I present here was first marketed in 1969, then reissued in 1974 and 1995. I have made here the 1995 version, which has the item number 10001. It is the 1967 Porsche 910 (Carrera 10), equipped with the 6-cylinder 1191 cc engine developing 220 hp. The kit includes two types of decals: the car no. 28 driven by Toru Ikuzawa who finished second in the 5th Japanese Grand Prix, and the car no. 17 which won the 1967 Nürburgring 1000 km race and was driven by Udo Schütz and Joe Buzzeta. This is the version that I made.



The general line of moldings is perfect!


Tamiya colors used for the bodyshell : X2 White and X7 Red


Many drivers only saw the back of Porsche 910s during the 1967 season.


Actually, the 1967 model didn't have a safety harness!

The 1991 cc Bosch fuel injected 6-cylinder engine developed 220 hp



You can notice on these last pictures that the 1/18 scale kit is totally devoid of the tubular frame that equips the real car. I deliberately chose not to scratch-build one, in order to focus on some details of the exterior aspect.
Overall, I find that the bodywork moldings are extremely well done, reproducing quite faithfully this artwork that is the Porsche 910.


Commentaires